Table of Contents
Letter of Acceptance
You will have to attach your confirmation letter or letter of acceptance from your college, in order to confirm your enrollment in a full-time course .The document should also include your course details, fee details, and status of medical insurance provide by the institute.
Two coloured passport-size photographs
The photos should not be older than six months from the date of submission.
Current passport and copies of past passports (if any)
The current passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months after you arrive in Ireland.
Evidence of educational gaps
In case of any gaps in education, you must provide information to account for the time between current study plan and previous full-time degree programs. If you were working during this period, you would have to provide the details of your employment as well, for the processing of your student Visa
Evidence of fees paid to the host college or university
You must provide a valid receipt of your fee payment in Electronic form in order to prove that your program fees has been filed to an approved student fees payment service Or A copy of Electronic funds(ETF) submitted to Irish Bank with the details of sender and receiver’s name, address and bank details
Evidence of your academic ability to complete the chosen course
You will have to provide evidence of your aptitude for learning You must provide evidence that you have the ability to follow your chosen course, e.g., exam results, qualifications.
Proof of English language proficiency
As Ireland is an English speaking nation, all applicants must prove the English language proficiency while applying for the student visa. It is essential to do so, to show your capability to understand the course taught in English. In some cases, you will even have to convince their visa officer about the same. In case you choose to study a course in Irish, you have to submit evidence of Irish language proficiency.
Proof of financial support
You must provide evidence of sufficient funds to facilitate your stay in Ireland. You have to do this without depending on public funds or casual employment.
Record of private medical insurance
If demanded, all applicants must provide proof of their private medical insurance cover. Generally, the college arranges this for the applicant. In some cases, you may have to provide these details while submitting your application.
Record of previous visa refusals, if any
In the case of any previous visa refusals, you must provide details of the same, along with the original letter handed to you by the authorities. Note: Failure to disclose the history of your prior visa refusals will result in the rejection of your student visa application.
Submit a signed letter of application
• Your visa application letter must include the following: • Full contact details • Reason for choosing to study in Ireland • Details of any family member(s) who is/are currently in Ireland or EU/EAA Member State. Besides this, • You must outline that you will abide by the rules of the visa and will not prolong your stay beyond the stipulated period.
- You should apply for the student visa online on the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service web page.
- It is advised that you thoroughly read the instruction and steps written on the application page to complete the online application process successfully.
- You will have to submit all the documents mentioned above, along with the application form for the successful application for a visa.
- Once you have completed all the steps, wait for your application status to be changed to approved. You can expect a decision within 8 weeks of submitting your application.
- After the approval of your student visa, you can now book a flight and pack your bags.
- On your arrival in Ireland, make an appointment with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service office with the Registration Office to issue a residence permit. A registration fee of €300 fee will be charged.